Various LGBT Organizations at Colleges and Universities:
- Go Grad - Earning a graduate degree is a great way to expand your career opportunities, boost your earning potential, and enhance your expertise. However, finding and selecting a graduate program that aligns with your professional goals and lifestyle can be a challenge. That’s where GoGrad comes in. We understand the importance of not only finding a high quality online advanced degree, but also the need to find one that accommodates personal obligations, learning styles, and budget.
- College Guide for Current and Prospective LGBT Students - Many schools have adopted a culture of awareness and respect for the LGBT community. Many others have active, vocal LGBT advocacy programs on campus, and some even offer LGBT studies and housing. The following guide should get you started on your search for a comfortable school environment.
- Campus Pride Index of campuses - United States - Campus Pride serves LGBTQ and ally student leaders and campus organizations in the areas of leadership development, support programs and services to create safer, more inclusive LGBTQ-friendly colleges and universities. It exists to develop, support and give “voice and action” in building future LGBTQ and ally student leaders.
Queer Student Union at U.V.A on Facebook - Charlottesville - A queer and allied community at the University of Virginia!
- OutLoud (Hollins University-LGBT Equality Group), Hollins, Va - OUTLoud is Hollins' Gay-Straight Alliance. It strives to provide a safe environment for LGBT students as well as promoting the idea of equality for all and awareness with our allies. Meetings are fairly informal as members planning events for the Hollins community, take an active stance on political issues, and have informal discussions of various issues that affect the LGBT community.
- Hokie Pride of Virginia Tech - (formerly LGBT Alliance of VA. Tech) Blacksburg - Our mission is to work to promote an environment of equality, understanding, and harmony for people of all sexual orientations, sexualities, gender identities and expressions by providing a LGBT Resource Center and campus-wide programs to raise awareness, community visibility, and increase support.
- William & Mary Lambda Alliance or on Facebook - We are a student organization dedicated to creating a supportive environment for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Asexual, Queer and Questioning community and allies. We strive to be politically and socially active in our community.
LGBTQ Resources at George Mason University - Works to promote the academic success, health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students and their allies. We work to sustain and strengthen a campus climate of safety, equity, inclusion, and respect in which LGBTQ and ally students can succeed and thrive at Mason.
George Mason University Pride Alliance - Pride Alliance at George Mason University is an organization for people of all genders, sexualities, orientations, and expressions. Our goal is to provide a confidential and safe space for all GMU students, faculty, staff, and members of the community by promoting education and resources and fostering respect for diversity.
GLSEN-Richmond (Gay,Lesbian,Straight Education Network) Richmond - GLSEN Richmond works to ensure safe schools for ALL students in the greater Richmond metropolitan area and Central Virginia. We strive to assure that each member of every school is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
- Gay-Straight Alliance Network - Empowering Youth Activists - Gay-Straight Alliance Network (GSA Network) is a next-generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains queer, trans and allied youth leaders to advocate, organize, and mobilize an intersectional movement for safer schools and healthier communities.
- HRC Campus & Young Adult - GLBT related - As young people push to attain the goals of the queer community on their campuses, HRC is working to provide tools, facilitate connections with other LGBT student activists across the country and empower youth to fight for LGBT equality on campus and beyond.
- Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries Research Guide - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT)
VA Tech Woman & Gender Studies - LGTBQ Undergraduate Courses - Women's and Gender Studies Undergraduate Course.
- University of Virginia Comprehensive Woman, Gender & Sexuality - Comprehensive WGS Course Catalog
- Virginia Western Community College - Virginia Western Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education operating under the Virginia Community College System, a statewide system of community colleges.
- Virginia Tech - As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers more than 240 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 32,000 students and manages a research portfolio of $513 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
- Roanoke College - Roanoke College is an independent, co-educational, 4-year liberal arts college. Founded in 1842, we are the second-oldest Lutheran-related college in America. We seek and welcome students of all races, creeds, nationalities and ethnic origins.
- Hollins University - Hollins is an independent liberal arts university dedicated to academic excellence and humane values. Hollins University offers undergraduate liberal arts education for women, selected graduate programs for men and women, and community outreach initiatives. The Hollins curriculum and cocurricular programs prepare students for lives of active learning, fulfilling work, personal growth, achievement, and service to society.
- Radford University - Radford University is a comprehensive public university of nearly 10,000 students that has received national recognition for many of its undergraduate and graduate academic programs, as well as its sustainability initiatives. Well known for its strong faculty/student bonds, innovative use of technology in the learning environment and vibrant student life on a beautiful 204-acre American classical campus, Radford University offers students many opportunities to get involved and succeed in and out of the classroom.
Scholarship & Grants:
- LGBT Student Scholarship Database - The following is a list of scholarships, fellowships and grants for LGBT and allied students at both the undergraduate and graduate-level.
- Financial Aid for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Students - This describes a number of scholarships available to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students. These scholarships offer a variety of criteria for eligibility. This is not an exhaustive list of all the possible sources of scholarships
- Scholarships for LGBT Students - A growing number of scholarship efforts are devoted exclusively to helping students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. In this guide, you will find a variety of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) scholarships in popular career fields such as the arts, physical or social sciences, advocacy and education, tips and resources for funding your master’s degree, and a scholarship application checklist to help you succeed in your academic pursuits.