Welcome to the RDC Events page. Here you can:
- find details about our events - volunteer to help at an event - buy tickets for special events -
(All groups meet at the Roanoke Diversity Center 806 Jamison Ave S.E. Roanoke, VA. 24013 unless otherwise stated.)
CLICK HERE to go to our event calendar!!
GAY A.A. group meets each Sunday from 5:00-6:00 p.m
Roanoke LGBT Generations meets the 1st Saturday of the month from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Star City Transgender Alliance Support Group. Meets the 4th Saturday of the month from 4-7:00 p.m.
Nonbinary Alliance of the Blue Ridge Support Group. Meets the 3rd Saturday of each month from 7-9:00 p.m.
Roanoke Rainbow Families and Friends Support Group. Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Roanoke, 2015 Grandin Rd, Roanoke, VA 24015 from 7-8:30 p.m.
Youth S.A.G.A. of Roanoke (youth 12-18 yrs old) Counselor led youth support group! Locations TBA
The Winter Fête: STAR CITY VICE BALL
A fundraiser for the Roanoke Diversity Center, Southwest Virginia’s ONLY LGBTQ+ community center, and a 501(c)3 non-profit
Ticket prices: $50 single ticket and $400 table of 10.
- Delicious “club-inspired” dinner (buffet style) from Bella Events Catering, with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options a’plenty!
- A short presentation on the Roanoke Diversity Center.
- Lots of fun and laughs with your MC.
- Cash bar with amazing signature cocktails, beer, wine and more!
- Dancing into the night with our DJ.
- Incredible SILENT AUCTION for unique holiday gifts--100% of proceeds benefit the RDC and its programs, so SHOP ‘TIL YOU DROP!
Remember, bring CASH to cut down on your wait time at the bars and Silent Auction check-out!
THANK YOU for your support of the Roanoke Diversity Center, the Winter Fête, and the LGBTQ+ community we serve! Your support makes our work possible!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
NEW THIS YEAR!
- Dancing hours have been EXTENDED! Woohooooo! This year is all about celebrating YOU, our community, fans and friends!
- There will be more time than ever before to mingle, chat, shop, and DANCE!
- We will have Express Cash Lanes for the Bar AND Silent Auction check-out. Be sure to bring plenty of cash to cut down on wait time!
- DRESS CODE: This is a semi-formal event, so we recommend that you dress to the 9’s (or 80's)… Beyond that, anything goes! Costumes are not required, but we certainly don’t mind if you want to go a little crazy, either—just wear whatever makes you feel 80's fabulous and VICE groovy!
Wear shoes you can dance in!
Thanks to our Silver Sponsors for the fourth year running, the law firm of Gilbert Bird Sharpes and Robinson!